Even though the Prime Minister’s Office has yet to send a Modi programme to the government officially, the programme is being prepared.
On Friday, January 13, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will signal the start of Ganga Vilas, the world’s most extended cruise tour, the Information and Public Relations Department of Uttar Pradesh announced Thursday. The cruise will depart from Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh and travel via Bangladesh to Dibrugarh in Assam.
District authorities reported that although the government still needs to receive a formal Modi programme from the Prime Minister’s Office, preparations for the programme are already under motion.
The Culture Department, Tourism Department, and Inland Waterways Transport officers have received the requisite orders in this respect from Varanasi Divisional Commissioner Kaushal Raj Sharma and District Magistrate S Rajalingam.
What you need to know about the ambitious cruise is as follows:
- The Ganga and Brahmaputra rivers, two of India’s largest rivers, would be traversed by the Ganga Vilas cruise.
- After departing from Varanasi, the ship will travel through Ghazipur, Buxar, and Patna before arriving in Kolkata.
- Finally, the ship would spend a fortnight on Bangladeshi rivers before returning to India via Guwahati and stopping in Dibrugarh.
- Sundarban Delta and Kaziranga National Park are only two of the national parks and sanctuaries this ship will cruise through.
- The cruise will end the most extended expedition in history after travelling 3,200 kilometres.
- Sharma said on Thursday that the most extended cruise in the world, from Varanasi to Dibrugarh, will set sail on January 13.
- The jetty boarding point outside Ravidas Ghat will serve as the starting point for the voyage.
- Eighty people can board the boat, including 18 suits.
- The voyage will make more than 50 stops along the way, including World Heritage Sites, during a 50-day journey.
- The Inland Waterways Authority of India will work with private operators Antara Luxury River Cruises and JM Baxi River Cruises to operate the river trip (IWAI).
People are applauding the Modi government’s efforts and anxiously awaiting the reveal of the cruise.”The Ganga Vilas cruise will have foreign nationals and it will send a message to the people of the world on India’s tourism and this cruise will be very helpful in attracting tourists,” News source Varanasi resident Sunil Upadhyay was cited by ANI as stating.
“History is being created in the tourism sector. This is the longest water ride in the world. The previous governments had not given much importance to the water transport sector. The Ganga Vilas will be sending the message of unity and Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat to the rest of the world,” stated another local, Arvind Mishra.
“Prime Minister Narendra Modi has changed the entire picture of Varanasi ever since he became a Member of Parliament from this constituency. Tourism has been developed in Varanasi as a big industry,” said another local, Kaushal Pandey.